Music!


Monday, July 20, 2009

Seeing the ugly side of humanity

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." --the Dalai Lama

Today was a rare glimpse for me into the darker side of life. The side where it's ok to scream obscenities as loud as you can. The side where emotions can be left unchecked and actions can be reckless. The side where violence is always the answer. Ok I'm definitely overly dramatizing the situation, but the whole thing was surreal.

As I stepped onto the bus this afternoon after work I was met with two ladies in their mid-forties at least, screaming and cursing each other out. I scooted past and took a seat, but soon enough the screaming turned to violence. Hair was being pulled, arms were being punched, skin was being clawed...I contemplated letting the scene play out, but decided it best to step in before someone was truly hurt. So I got in between the two cougars with their claws out and tried my best to separate the two. In the kerfuffle I took an unintentional shot to the head which was the last straw for me. I yelled STOP loud enough to startle both on them momentarily, which was long enough for me to push them apart.

I don't know what started the argument, but I stopped it.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Peace-maker. Ender-of-violence. Bringer-of-the-love. Or simply, Dave.

Anonymous said...

A crazy story.

Good job dave man... keep the peace.

I see you deleted your facebook links. Still... UPDATE THE BLOG!!

許瑋菁 said...

IS VERY GOOD